Our third and final installment of AFT Michigan’s 2018-19 Leadership Summit series is quickly approaching. On Saturday, April 13, AFT Michigan members will convene at the EMU Conference Center at the Eagle Crest Resort in Ypsilanti. Conference registration and breakfast begins at 8:30 a.m.
When you register for the Summit, you will be prompted to choose a morning and afternoon workshop. Here’s an overview:
- Internal Structures track: Facilitating Decision-Making & Managing Conflict
- Organizing track: Strategic organizing drives & Organizing residual units at your workplace
- Coalitions track: Understanding allies & opponents and Building Partnerships
- Negotiating track: Reaching Agreements & Involving Members in Negotiations
On Sunday, April 14, some participants will return for:
- LEAD: Only for locals who opted into this year’s LEAD program
- Union Administration Workshops:
- Mass Communication Tools for AFT Locals
- Using Quickbooks to Streamline Your Financial Review & Audit
Please click here to register and for additional information about the conference, hotel accommodations, and mileage reimbursement.
**Please Note: Participants who require special food accommodations need to register by March 21, 2019. We are unable to add food requests after this date. We also encourage those who plan to stay in the hotel to make your reservation prior to the March 21, in order to receive our group discount.
Register here: https://aftmichigan.org/events/union-building-events/#aft-michigan-union-building-page/view-actions-details6/5c7d61175053132e97af2f4a/