Online Learning Resources
Here are a few resources to assist PreK-16 educators and parents with providing learning engagement outside of the traditional classroom. We will continue adding resources to this page as they are provided, and we encourage you to share any resources you think others will find useful by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may share them with others.
- MDE Learning at a Distance Guidebook
- MDE Guidance Memo on Transitioning to Online Learning
- MDE Online Instructional Resources
- Checklist for Distance Learning from AFT
- AFT Guidance on Supporting Students with Disabilities
- Chronicle of Higher Education Guide to Moving Courses Online
- General Resources for Faculty Moving to Online Teaching
- Resources for Ensuring Online Instruction is Accessible to Students with Disabilities
- Scholastic Learn at Home for PreK-12 Materials
- PBS Detroit Home Learning Resources and Newsletter
- Free Grades 6-12 Online Courses from Michigan Virtual
- Amazing Educational Resources Crowdsourced Google Sheet
AFT PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
Share My Lesson: As teachers and parents look for ways to engage children with educational opportunities during the school closure period, we recommend using ShareMyLesson.com to find a wealth of educator-vetted resources.
Professional Learning Webinars
- Share My Lesson Webinars
- 2019 Share My Lesson Virtual Conference Webinar
- AFT Professional Learning Catalog
- AFT eLearning Courses
Join the new Back to School 2020 community for free preK-12 resources and webinars where you can find and share resources and idea on topics such as safely reopening schools, hybrid and distance learning, social emotional support, anti-racism education and more.