Online Learning Resources
Here are a few resources to assist PreK-16 educators and parents with providing learning engagement outside of the traditional classroom. We will continue adding resources to this page as they are provided, and we encourage you to share any resources you think others will find useful by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we may share them with others.
- MDE Learning at a Distance Guidebook
- MDE Guidance Memo on Transitioning to Online Learning
- MDE Online Instructional Resources
- Checklist for Distance Learning from AFT
- AFT Guidance on Supporting Students with Disabilities
- Chronicle of Higher Education Guide to Moving Courses Online
- General Resources for Faculty Moving to Online Teaching
- Resources for Ensuring Online Instruction is Accessible to Students with Disabilities
- Scholastic Learn at Home for PreK-12 Materials
- PBS Detroit Home Learning Resources and Newsletter
- Free Grades 6-12 Online Courses from Michigan Virtual
- Amazing Educational Resources Crowdsourced Google Sheet
AFT PROFESSIONAL LEARNING
As teachers and parents look for ways to engage children with educational opportunities during the school closure period, we recommend using ShareMyLesson.com to find a wealth of educator-vetted resources.
Professional Learning Webinars
- Share My Lesson Webinars
- 2022 Share My Lesson Virtual Conference
- AFT Professional Learning Catalog
- AFT eLearning Courses
You can register for all webinars here.
School Reopening Community
Join the new School Reopening Community designed to help support school reopening, hybrid teaching and distance learning. Share how your community or school is supporting students and find new ways to create, discover and share lesson plans, handouts and resources.