AFT members from across Metro Detroit joined with our community allies at the MOSES Pillars of Fire meeting this Sunday. MOSES leaders have committed to building a better Detroit based on the five pillars of economic dignity, healthy communities, education for all, transparency and accountability, and transportation equity.
The Michigan Education Coalition was represented by leaders from the NAACP, 482Forward, and AFT Detroit and invited the participants to a series of community discussions to help envision the future of public education in Detroit:
- 10/5, 6:30pm: Liberty Temple Baptist Church, 17188 Greenfield
- 10/16, 6:00pm: Mt. Calvary MBC, 4743 Iroquois
- 10/23, 6:00pm: Greater Apostolic Faith Temple, 4735 Fort (AFT Detroit School Board Forum)
- 10/26, 4:00pm: Galilee MBC, 5251 E. Outer Drive
- 10/29, 6:30pm: Spirit-filled Ministries, 5505 Michigan Ave
Please attend and bring others! For more information, contact AFT Michigan Member & Community Mobilizer Nikhol Atkins at 313-393-2200.