Registration is open for this year’s AFT Great Lakes Union Leadership Institute, to be held June 26-30, 2022 at the Lake Lawn Resort in Delavan, WI. The ULI draws leaders from across the region – many of whom bring their families – to learn and develop skills in a great setting.
This year, the ULI is offering five courses:
- Union leadership skills to help build a strong union
- Effective grievance administration and organizing
- Introduction to negotiations and contract campaigns
- Organizing with parents and communities
- Building member and union power in non-bargaining states
Each course runs for the full four days providing for an in-depth training on the subject matter. Registration deadline is May 19. For more information and a registration form, see the program below. The cost of attending the program includes most meals. AFT Michigan is able to offer a limited amount of need-based scholarships for members of locals unable to pay the full cost of attendance. If you are interested, contact Dave Dobbie at email@example.com.